A cool glass of water. It’s what some take for granted and others die for. While dramatic, unfortunately true. When those in the water industry get together, the opportunities for impact are many. On September 28th, we attended the 4th Annual Water Technology Summit held at the Metropolitan Club in Target Field Stadium in Minneapolis, MN.
Key topics in water technology ranged from water reuse, global water opportunities, and smart water technology. This agenda was developed by leaders in the industry including: Ecolab, Dow Water and Process Solutions, Pentair, Tonak Water, Aeration Industries, Wenck, Faegre Baker Daniels, University of Minnesota, Greater MSP, The MN Trade Office, the U.S. Commercial Service, The Metropolitan Council, U.S. Water, Summit Envirosolutions, Cartwright Consulting and Lenz Consulting.
Keynote presentations delivered by:
- Ken Thompson, Global Practice Lead Smart Cities/Smart Sensors and President SWAN Council
- John Stauch, CFO, Pentair
Specific panel topics included:
- Water Reuse Panels: Taking reuse mainstream: state and industry perspectives
- U.S Commercial Service: Global opportunities in water
- Smart Water Panel: Intelligent business methodologies to modernize innovation in water
- University of Minnesota students lightning rounds
Networking was also an important part of the event. We engaged with a variety of interesting conversations with attendees including several of the international presenters, the President of the Finnish American Chamber, a representative the UK Consul, and the President of Uponor. This growing network is focused on continuous learning and driving to create solutions in this critical area.
Read more about the event and see more pictures at: